cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

License for Insert > Shared Data

AnkurAggarwal
1-Newbie

License for Insert > Shared Data

Do anybody know which license is required for the Insert > Shared Data (copy geometry, merge, inhertence, publish geo. etc.) and also for Skeleton Modeling? Thanks Ankur
3 REPLIES 3

Advanced assembly will get you all of that. Skeletons can be edited by foundation licenses, but can only be created from the advanced assembly. Advanced assembly is included on several other licenses, i.e. mechanism dynmaics to name one.

Thanks eric for response. I can see in Help > System Information, I have- Advanced_Assembly_SET Mechanism_Design Pro/Assembly Can u plz tell in brief which license is for what functionalities?

A long time ago you had to buy each license in order to do design. An example would be that you could model a part, but you had to have a license of Pro/Detail in order to create the drawing for it. Same was true for a sheetmetal part. Now the foundation packages have tons of standard modules and under help each module is still listed separately. The ones you have listed are standard other than advanced assembly. The advanced assembly will get you all of the advanced operations needed for Top down design. Unfortunately it would be rather hard to list each function of the various licenses on this reply. I would say that you browse the product page for Pro/E and find some sales brochure that lists all of the licenses for Pro/E. At the very least you will get a small summary of the added features of advanced assembly.
Top Tags