Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO E CRASHES IN SKETCH MODE WHEN EIDTING DIMENSIONS

RE: crash within sketch modus cuased by optical mouse driver

Interesting comments on the logitech mouse driver. I didn't know there were problems with it. Currently, I use the intellipoint mouse and had no idea that there were conflicts/problems with the drivers. I wonder if that caused my problems in sketcher mode. I just upgraded to wildfire 3.0 (date code M080) a week ago. I haven't seen any crashes so far. I'll keep using my intellipoint mouse and report my findings. From my testing this morning, the sketcher seems relatively stable. The true test will come when I'm in a crunch to meet a deadline... (Claudio, my workstation was pretty robust to begin with, but yes, I agree, the boss got off cheap when I told him what I wanted. I agree totally with your "user solutions" comments. The software is expensive enough that it shouldn't have sooo many work-arounds. The code ProE runs on feels like it's been written by so many different groups of people, that it lacks cohesiveness at times, which I firmly believe these problems arrise. However, think of the knowledge gained on manipulating ProE as job security. In a way, it makes you and expert and drives your demand in the engineering market. There is no way management could handle this software!)

I'm reading interesting issues about the mouse driver, as it appears that manufacturer drivers (logitech and microsoft) conflict with pro/e as when you guys changed the driver to windows default driver, the crash event rate diminished. I ran a test a month ago, I had my mouse (logitech MX Revolution, 7 buttoms, 2 wheels, laser, wirelles) unistalled (through add and remove programs...) and used a standar roller mouse (2 buttoms + wheel) with windows default driver for a week, and didn't appreciate much differenci in the crash rate. On the other hand if you use a windows standard driver you may loose functionality of your mouse, as wheel acceleration, customizable buttoms or actions, performance in other applications, stand by features, etc. Sometimes this extra features speeds you in other softwares greatly, as in my case happens so. I believe PTC should have this mouse bug fixed in the next release (as so far logitech and microsoft seem to conflict, yet they are top of the line brands) What other brands of mouse can you buy?, lol. Is PTC going to manufacture their own mouse now? lol (just kidding) Regards, Sorry for the misspelling

I hade lots of problems editing dimensions in sketcher. Also freeze issues in model mode. System: Pro/Engineering Release: Wildfire 3.0 Date Code: M110 I updated my Pro/E to Date Code: M120. My Mastercam had some delay issues. The Ram on my computer got replaced with the manufacturer of the pc recommendation. I used it for one day. No issues yet. Before I could not do any work.