cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Pro/Engineer Launch Command

MarkBohannon
7-Bedrock

Pro/Engineer Launch Command

I posted this a few days ago in the WIndchill Solution area however no one provided an answer to my question. I am hoping someone in this forum may know the answer.

If auser opens a Pro/Engineer file in Winchill using via a standalone browser and Pro/Engineer is not already open, Pro/Engineer is started without all of our typical customizations. How do I correct this?

P.S. We are on Windchill 9.0.

TIA,
Mark Bohannon

3 REPLIES 3

Some additional information.....

We already have the config files in the text folder. That is not the issue. Theproblem is that our normal method to start Pro/E uses a batch file that sets the working directory, declares some environment values, and performs various system checks before starting Pro/E. I want Windchill to start Pro/E using the same batch file method. CurrentlyWindchill starts Pro/E using the OOTB method with the working directory as the desktop which leaves trail files and other things on the user desktop.

I don't have Windchill here, so take that into account. Could you
perhaps rename the launch file that Windchill is using and replace it
with a batch file that points at your start up script?

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

If you can insist on users opening Pro/E first the problem would be solved....
I don't know the answer, but I think I can provide some good questions to help get started

So how does Pro/E get launched from a browser?
If we knew that, we should be able to intercept it since all Pro/E launch sequences go thru the pro/e <loadpoint>\bin directory.
In Pro/E check Help->Tech Support Info
Does task manager show proe.exe executing immediately following a launch from the browser and also immediately before xtop.exe appears on the task list?
[cid:image001.png@01CA48D4.B4BCF730]

If proe.exe is appearing in task manager, than it is most likely launching Pro/E default using the proe.psf file located in you <loadpoint>\bin directory.
You can edit proe.psf (ore proe1.psf?) to set necessary environment variables

Top Tags