cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

ProE is redrawing my entire part when I click on anything

ptc-1151073
1-Newbie

ProE is redrawing my entire part when I click on anything

The problem appeared when we started using WF 4.0 (Currently on the M060 date code)and this happens on all of our seats.

I have narrowed down my problem to having a layer with "solid geometry" assigned to it and hiding the layer.I do this when I am working with quilts and the solid part becomes a hinderance.

Once I do this, every mouse click for a selection will cause my entire part to be redrawn. What I mean by this is, ProE will draw every line of what appears to be the wireframe. Once it does this I can finally make another selection.

As you can imagine, this causes a great amount of delay on a complicated part and becomes quite infuriating.

Here is what I have tried to solve the issue so far:

After talking to tech support, they insisted it was a config setting which was no longer valid with WF 4.0. But when I run without a config I still have the problem.

I have found that if I delete the layer which has the "solid geometry" then my issue goes away. This means I have to create and delete the "solid geometry" layer everytime.

I shouldn't have to work like that. I did not have this issue with WF 3.0.

To all who read this, thank you for taking the time.

Casey Stahl

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

UPDATE: I am still having this issue. It is directly related to the solid geometry bring assigned to a layer. When that layer is selected is when the issue begins. It continues until I either delete the layer or close out of the part file, erase my not displayed, and reopen the file.

Thank you for the suggestion of using the fast_highlight config option. This helps speed things up considerably. But I woud still like to fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

Casey Stahl

Top Tags