cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Remapping the Mouse Controls

KaiTanaka
1-Newbie

Remapping the Mouse Controls

Is there any way that I can remap the center click on my mouse to pan instead of rotate. It's one of those things that has driven me absolutely insane about ProE from day 1. My main 3d app is 3dStudioMax and I was hoping to change the mouse controls to match so I wouldn't keep messing them up. When I'm sketching, it's really obnoxious when I try to pan (muscle memory) and I rotate away from my desired view. Any ideas?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Not exactly what you're looking for, but holding shift while center clicking will pan.

Yep. I know, I wanted to remap it so that [center-click] = pan and [shift]+[center-click] = rotate. I wanted to make the interface more like 3ds Max since I use that package a lot more than ProE. I have a hard time believing that with a program as advanced as ProE you can't remap all the keys.

You can use AutoHotkey for that. Here's a simple script that should do it. It will only remap the buttons when Pro|E is active.
35d20a875d
I haven't tested it so if it doesn't work, read the documentaition or ask in the ahk forum.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.
Top Tags