cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Working from home

pjg
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Working from home

Hi, I am looking for the optimal way of working from home and are thinking about these solution: A: a VPN connection to my company where I can start ProE and then use our Windchill. With this solution you do not need to plan anything up front before working from home. B: a laptop with ProE installed and then use license borrow and "make workspace available offline" at work. But this requires that you plan to work from home. Is there any better way to do this, a better type of connection or other stuff that could be god to take into consider. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

"Peter J. Guerrier" wrote:

Hi, I am looking for the optimal way of working from home and are thinking about these solution: A: a VPN connection to my company where I can start ProE and then use our Windchill. With this solution you do not need to plan anything up front before working from home. B: a laptop with ProE installed and then use license borrow and "make workspace available offline" at work. But this requires that you plan to work from home. Is there any better way to do this, a better type of connection or other stuff that could be god to take into consider. Thanks 🙂

Hi Cary - Thanks for your answer. This is also what I had in mind as the best solution
jaapkramer
1-Newbie
(To:pjg)

Hi, this thread made me curious Cary, can you actually get a license just via internet, or do you need a VPN connection?? Our CoCreate license server works fine via internet, but after numerous attempts (even with full access through the firewall), we cannot get a Pro/E license at home Kind regards, Jaap
Top Tags