cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

config file

ptc-1423219
1-Newbie

config file

Every time I open Pro E I have to reload my Pro_E-config file to recover my search paths. How do I set my config file as a default that automatically loads every time I restart?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Randy: Place the config file in your "start-in" directory. To set the Start-in directory, simply right click on the icon you usually use to start Pro-E, then select properties, and the window that opens should have a "Start in" field for you to enter your desired location. You can either change this location, or move your config file to that location. I should note, that you can also change the location Pro-E starts in through PTC-Setup in your Bin folder. If you use the right click>Properties method, you will have to do this to any spot that Pro-E opens from (for example desktop icon AND the short cut found in the start menu), at least I did.

config files are loaded as follows 1.Installation of pro-e directory under the text folder 2.Pro-E working directory 3.Finally under Windows your documents and settings folder If you want to make sure that it loads use #1. Make sure that you are not using a command that writes a new config.pro file to the text directory every time you launch Pro-E. This is one handy trick for keeping all users in a company on the same config settings. Eric

You need to either copy config.pro (and all other config files) to current ProE start directory (default at install is usually "My Documents" folder belonging to current user)or (preferred) dedicate a STARTUP folder where these files can reside. This folder is controlled by the ProE icon you use to start the program. Just right-click ProE icon> Properties> Start in ... This is a Text Box Dialog where you would type or paste the folder where config.pro resides. e.g., C:\WF4_Startup I have a dedicated folder for config.pro, config.win, tree.cfg, color.map, etc. The program will read all these config files at startup by default if directed to start in the folder where they reside.
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:WillyC)

Also make sure the file is named config.pro if you want it loaded automatically. This happened in another thread and caused grief because it was named something else eventhough it was in the correct directory.
Top Tags