cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

material database

cncwhiz
1-Newbie

material database

I would like to measure weight and other info but I do not have a database to do an anaylsis. does someone have on that they can share as well as tell me where to install it?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:cncwhiz)

Go to Edit> Set Up> Mass Props and enter the density from the material you look up on www.matweb.com.

Maybe someday PTC will include a scraped data link from them or something but I guess they don't include a lot of default material properties for legal reasons. Like if you calculated the strength of the catwalk of the Hyatt Regency using their steel materials properties and then it wasn't exactly the same as the actual beam material used in construction then the dirty lawyers would be able to get them.

In Reply to Terry Thomas:

I would like to measure weight and other info but I do not have a database to do an anaylsis. does someone have on that they can share as well as tell me where to install it?

Michael R. Jenkins P.E.
Design Engineer
Direct: 816-801-2332
Fax: 816-891-9432

Commercial Vehicle Systems
Haldex Brake Products Corporation
10930 North Pomona Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64153-1215
Top Tags