cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

process manager question

PaulMailloux
1-Newbie

process manager question

Hello All

I have a question regarding customizing the process manager and automatically retrieving these settings each time I enter the process manager

I am using Wildfire 4.0 M080

I noticed that after adding columns to the process manager in order to display additional info such as machine time, cutter details etc, ProE creates a XML file in my working directory named MFG_SESSION_SETUP.XML. Whenever this file is present in my working directory, I always get my customized Process Manager…

So I figured I would find the config option that would allow me to place this file in a common location so that it is always read regardless of my working directory…

I found this config option called MFG_PROCESS_TABLE_SETUP_DIR and pointed it to a common folder which I place this XML file in… but it doesn’t seem work…

Is there another configs option that maybe points to a specific file as well, within this directory… if so I can’t seem to find it…

For now all I can do is copy this XML file into my working directory which is always changing…

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mailloux ∫ CAD/CAM Applications Engineer

NyproMold.png

NyproMold 144 Pleasant St Clinton MA 01510 ∫ www.NyproMold.com

😧 978-368-4598 * F: 978-365-4548

E: - <">mailto:->

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited.

In the event of any error in transmission, unauthorized recipients are requested to contact the sender immediately and not to disclose or make use of this information. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of NyproMold with another party by email without express written confirmation by NyproMold Offices.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Paul!

Suffered from the same issue sometime ago... my workaround was to change the .bat script that launches the system to copy my custom xml file to the working directory at the launch time...

I guess that config.pro optionhas a bug... who knows...

Regards,

Daniel Santos - CAM Support

GE Vetco Gray - Jandira - A GE Oil&Gs Business

Another thing that works is to copy the file to the \text folder within Pro|E loadpoint. During the initialization Pro|E is going to find it and set the Processes Manager as you like. (Thx to Dave for the tip)

Regards,

Daniel Santos - CAM Support

GE Vetco Gray - Jandira - A GE Oil&Gas Business
Top Tags