cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Edit in word - not publishing when edits are completed

VH_9997216
6-Contributor

Edit in word - not publishing when edits are completed

When I use edit in word for editing the document, it opens in office 365 word and after do the changes and I say yes to publish the changes , they are not reflected in the document in the server, Is there any settings that I'm missing, please let me know.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @VH_9997216,

Thank you for your question! 

I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. 

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

Please refer to this guideline to make your questions more likely to receive a quick and useful answer. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Furthermore, please consult this Community Search guideline as well, which boosts up your chances of finding a resolution to your topic(s) much faster, as well as articles on our Knowledge Base.

Thank you for your participation and please let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best regards,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
VH_9997216
6-Contributor
(To:Catalina)

Here are some more details

Windchill RV&S version 12.5.0.3

Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2409 Build 16.0.18025.20030) 64-bit

Viewset used - Tried with both Author Documents and Requirements engineer

Requirement specification document from Windchill RV&S is selected to edit in word by selecting Document->Edit in word

For PTC_Community_1.JPG

Windchill launches Microsoft 365 windows and document is now visible in word and edits are performed

Edits are made in microsoft word and to update changes Cntrl+S  is hit.

Windchill dialog for editing in word is closed, dialog with publish,dont publish and cancel appear

For PTC_Community_2.JPG

Publish is selected and when the document in windchill RV&S is refreshed , the changes that were made in Microsoft word does not appear in Windchill RV&S..

Announcements

Top Tags