cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Using Jenkins to execute an IM command

phartwig
12-Amethyst

Using Jenkins to execute an IM command

Hello,

I am trying to setup a Jenkins build that will execute an Integrity IM command.  I have installed the Jenkins server on a Windows workstation that also has the Integrity thick client installed.  If I add the IM command directly to the Jenkins project, the error "Attempt to launch Integrity Client timed out" is returned.  I then created a batch file where I added the IM command and the result is the same.  PTC Support then suggested that I run the IM command from it's own instance.  When I execute the build this way, the job returns that it was successful.  However, the command was not executed.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try?

Thank you,

Paul Hartwig

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
phartwig
12-Amethyst
(To:phartwig)

I have determined that the user that the service runs as "Local System" is not able to launch the Integrity client.  I temporarily changed the server to a network user and the build will execute successfully.

Is it possible to give the "Local System" access to launch the Integrity Client?  Due to security settings (password expiration), I would like to avoid using a network user for the service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I would be interested what is meant by "from it's own instance" from the jenkins perspective.

Is it "Execute Shell" instead of "Executing Windows Batch" ?

Although I only have experience with the si command I can imagine than

at least for your first approach it might be helpful if you export your environment variables to a text file

and compare it  to environment variables you saved in a command window

where your im command is working.

jenkins.bat (called by jenkins)

========

set > c:\tmp\jenkins_ENV.txt

Console

======

c:\tmp>set > console_ENV.txt

c:\tmp>set > your_difftool jenkins_ENV.txt console_ENV.txt

Just an Idea:

HTH Jürgen

phartwig
12-Amethyst

I have determined that the user that the service runs as "Local System" is not able to launch the Integrity client.  I temporarily changed the server to a network user and the build will execute successfully.

Is it possible to give the "Local System" access to launch the Integrity Client?  Due to security settings (password expiration), I would like to avoid using a network user for the service.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Paul Hartwig‌,

I believe that's a restriction of Windows on the Local System user.  This article on StackOverflow seems to confirm that, and provides ways around it.

Cheers!

-Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Announcements

Top Tags