cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

API to build Part Structure

ademarco
6-Contributor

API to build Part Structure

Hello Community,

I am working on some coding to Link an EPMDocument to a WTPart, and then build the WTPart structure. I've got the association portion working but am having difficulty with the build task. I found this in the Windchill API to build structures:
BuildHelper.service.buildTarget(WTCollection alwaysBuild, WTCollection buildIfNotAlreadyBuilt, BuildResolverDelegate[] buildResolverDelegate, ConfigSpec configSpec)

I feed this a collection containing my working copy of the WTPart, and it appears to run without issue. 

It returns a WTValuedMap, which I am not familiar with.  My question is there any I need to do with the WTValued Map to update the working copy of my WTPart object prior to service.checkin?  Or has anyone had any success with using the BuildHelper.service ?

Snippet:
\\Checkout OBJ_prt

\\create WRK_Prt = workingcopyof (OBJ_Prt)

\\Create links to EMPDoc

\\add WRK_prt to WTCollection alwaysBuild.  No buildresolverDelegate, no config spec.

WTValuedMap myMap = BuildHelper.Service.BuildTargets(alwaysBuild)

\\CI_Prt = ...service.check(ONJPrt)

1 REPLY 1
ademarco
6-Contributor
(To:ademarco)

Got it to work. Not sure if it is correct, but I get the results I am shooting for.

Snippet:

//WRK_prt = workingcopy of checkedout OBJ_prt
Link cadpartlink = EPMBuildRule.newEPMBuildRule(OBJ_epm, WRK_prt);
Link savedlink = (Link)PersistenceHelper.manager.save(cadpartlink);

WTCollection wtCol = new WTHashSet();
wtCol.add(WRK_prt);
WTValuedMap vMap = (WTValuedMap) BuildHelper.service.buildTarget(wtCol,null,null,null);

Iterator iter = vMap.entrySet().iterator();
outLog.println("iter set");
WTKeyedMap.WTEntry entry = (WTKeyedMap.WTEntry)iter.next();
outLog.println("WTEntry Set");

WRK_prt = (WTPart)entry.getKeyAsPersistable();

WTPart CI_prt = (WTPart)WorkInProgressHelper.service.checkin(OBJ_prt, "");

Top Tags