cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

API to get the product serial number effectivities associated with a WTPart

smorla
10-Marble

API to get the product serial number effectivities associated with a WTPart

I have a set of WTParts whose serial number effectivity value has been entered wrong. I want to delete them using API.

What is the API to access the serial number effectivities associated with WTPart?

I know that I can delete the serial numbers using the following API:

PersistenceHelper.manager.delete((ProductSerialNumberEffectivity) serial);

But I am having trouble getting the ProductSerialNumberEffectivity for a particular WTPart.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Srinivas Morla

You may want to try this. I used this way back and sharing for your reference as it is. So you may need to modify and test it as per your business use case.

QueryResult qr2 = wt.effectivity.EffectivityHelper.service.getEffectivities(prt);    // Object of WTPart whose effectivity you want to delete...

while (qr2.hasMoreElements()) {

Object obj = (Object) qr2.nextElement();

System.out.println("Object-> " + obj.toString());

if (obj.getClass().isAssignableFrom(wt.part.ProductSerialNumberEffectivity.class))

{

System.out.println( " Found Serial Numbered Effectivity" );

wt.part.ProductSerialNumberEffectivity serial = (wt.part.ProductSerialNumberEffectivity)obj;

String sRange=serial.getRange().getStart().toString().trim();

System.out.println("Start Range is --->"+sRange);

if (serial.getRange().getEnd().toString().trim() != null)

{

sRange += " - " + serial.getRange().getEnd().toString().trim();

}

else

{

sRange += " - " + "<open>";

}

// System.out.println(" Range: " + sRange);

// System.out.println(" Effectivity Type: " + serial.getEffContext());

System.out.println("*** Trying to delete Serial Effectivity ***");

PersistenceHelper.manager.delete(serial);     // be careful here. Your deleting something....

System.out.println("*** SerialNumbered Effectivity for WTPart: "+prt.getNumber()+" is succesfully deleted ***");

}

else

{

System.out.println( "Effectivity other than Serial..." );

}

}

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shirish

Hi Shirish

I tried this code - I am faced with another unusual problem. I notice that the EffectivityHelper.service.getEffectivities(prt); API retrieves only WTDatedEffectivity objects, that is, according to your code I always get "Effectivity other than serial" printing in the console.

I thought the API was meant for date effectivity only, until I wrote a query to retrieve all serial number effectivity (just to check) using the following query:

QuerySpec qs = new QuerySpec(wt.part.ProductSerialNumberEffectivity.class)

QueryResult qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.find(qs);

This gave me a null result. I have several WTParts with serial number effectivities associated with them - I can see them in the Service Effectivity UI as well. But, for some reason, I am unable to retrieve them using API.

What could be the reason for this?

Top Tags