cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Alias attribute IBA from component to top-level Part

EMonet
6-Contributor

Alias attribute IBA from component to top-level Part

Hello,

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.17

I want to add an alias attribute on the WTPartUsageLink to retrieve the value of a component attribute on a structure.
So I created an attribute on the WTPartUsageLink type with the mapping "uses@wt.part.WTPartMaster~masterReference^<Internal name of part type>~<Internal name of attribute>"
It works fine and I can see it in the structure, see the attachment.
But there's a problem because when there are several iterations of a component, there are several PartUsageLinks and the alias retrieves the same values several times, see the attachment.
Do you have a solution for this and what alias should be used?
Otherwise, the primary objective is to bring up the value of a component attribute to fill an attribute on the top-level part.
For example, if the value of an attribute is set to yes, the top-level part must have an attribute that is also set to yes.(even if there are several yes if several components are with a yes)

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:EMonet)

Hi @EMonet 

There is not simple solution. The alias attributes work this way. The link between child and parent is not exactly version to version and some logic is necessary to use.. For example Latest, Released, etc. 

You could use additional trick with calculated attribute and substring the alias attribute. 

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/r13.0.1.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center/customization/WCCG_BusLogicCust_TypeManager_CalculatedAttribute_Procedure.html#

Or use own custom datautility to show the value in the attribute where you write a code that shows the latest information. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:EMonet)

Hi @EMonet 

There is not simple solution. The alias attributes work this way. The link between child and parent is not exactly version to version and some logic is necessary to use.. For example Latest, Released, etc. 

You could use additional trick with calculated attribute and substring the alias attribute. 

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/r13.0.1.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center/customization/WCCG_BusLogicCust_TypeManager_CalculatedAttribute_Procedure.html#

Or use own custom datautility to show the value in the attribute where you write a code that shows the latest information. 

PetrH

EMonet
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr,

Thank you for your reply, it works.
I used a calculated attribute and a business algorithm that retrieves the attribute values of all the components, and works on the results (concatenate, delete duplicate, etc.). Derivated from AbstractCarambolaAttributeSumBusinessAlgorithm.java

Regards,

Top Tags