cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Auto delete iterations in documents

CC_10081426
6-Contributor

Auto delete iterations in documents

Hello everybody,

I have got a question related to the iteration scheme in windchill. Is there a way to auto (during release process) delete all old iterations and set the latest iteration to number 1?

Iteration.PNG

Thanks in advance!

kind regards

Christian

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @CC_10081426 

I can say that you can delete all previous iterations by code and customization from a workflow but I am not sure that there is a way how to change the iteration number from 8 to 1. 

PetrH 

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:CC_10081426)

why? Purging will get rid of previous iterations based on release rules, so long as there is nothing tied to that iteration. That's the key. Deleting is difficult due to dependencies. If this is a source of confusion, you can train users to ignore what comes after the period. Also what you can do is customize the data utility to only display the version and not the verision.iteration. Also, purging rules can be setup to run on a schedule.

Thanks for the fast reply ... Is there a smart and easy way to hide only the iteration in the version scheme?

What are you trying to accomplish by hiding the iteration? Are you trying to prevent certain people from seeing anything but the released version? If so that can be done via other methods

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:CC_10081426)

Not a fast or easy, it would require customization of the Data Utility or creation of your own. There are so many places I am sure.

Hi CC_10081426,
I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered.
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of other members who may have the same question.
If not, our industry expert is also reviewing the replies and may accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know. 

Thanks,
Andra

Regards,
Andra
Top Tags