cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Data Utility for attribute as a column in a Table View

MV_10441462
10-Marble

Data Utility for attribute as a column in a Table View

Hi All

I want to configure a Custom Data Utility to populate the value for an attribute that will be displayed as a column in a Table View.

I tried the getDataValue() and getPlainDataValue() methods of DefaultDataUtility and AttributesTableDataUtility but they are not getting triggered when the Table View with the Attribute column is rendered. It works only when the attribute is placed in a Layout.

Any suggestion on how to achieve the requirement?

@HelesicPetr 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

So the workspace table is not designed with MVC. Simplest way to know the tables designed with MVC is to append &jcaDebug=true at the end of the URL. You will see a lot of lady bugs. 

Since workspace table is not designed with mvc , data utility will not  work on that table. 

Thanks and Regards

Ajit

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello,

If possible , could you give more details ? Which table and which column you want to set the default value? 

I will give a try. 

Regards

Ajit

Hi Ajith

I want the attribute column(Test Attr) in Object List Table of Workspaces.

MV_10441462_0-1704816161086.png

And I do not want to set Default Value, the value will be calculated using a DataUtility.

Hello,

So the workspace table is not designed with MVC. Simplest way to know the tables designed with MVC is to append &jcaDebug=true at the end of the URL. You will see a lot of lady bugs. 

Since workspace table is not designed with mvc , data utility will not  work on that table. 

Thanks and Regards

Ajit

Hi Ajith 

Thank you for letting me know this. Any suggested workaround?

My requirement is to display the File Size of the PrimaryContent of an EPMDocument as value for the attribute.

Hello,

It is possible to achieve this customization in folder browser or search result table. 

You can also take a look at Windchill extension already available https://windchill-extensions.ptc.com/get-view?wex-id=com.wincomplm.wex-cadquick.release&wc-version=WIND112 . This extension helps to download the CAD content. Instead of download you need to calculate the filesize and show the same.

Thanks and Regards

Ajit

Thank you Ajit. I will try them.

Hi @MV_10441462 

How do you assign the datautility to the attribute? 

Usually If I want data utility is used everywhere I set the configuration in service.properties

selector is always the internal ID of the IBA attribute

xconf example>

<Service context="default" name="com.ptc.core.components.descriptor.DataUtility"
targetFile="codebase/service.properties">
 <Option cardinality="duplicate" order="1" overridable="true"
requestor="java.lang.Object"
selector="ORG_NAME"
serviceClass="cz.ext.OrgDataUtility.NameDataUtility"/>

PS: workspace table is not easy to customize but it is possible.  

PetrH 

Hi @HelesicPetr 

I tried both components.dataUtilities.properties and service.properties. Still not getting triggered when the Object List Table is rendered.

Hi @MV_10441462 

As I see, you want to use the Datautility in the workspace.

You can't. 

PetrH

Top Tags