cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to choose another Windchill user for an attribute when creating a new document

rsingaram
11-Garnet

How to choose another Windchill user for an attribute when creating a new document

Hi all

I am using Windchill 11.1 M010

While creating a new document, I want to choose an existing (Windchill user) for the value of an attribute like "Reviewed By" for information purpose. I do not want to fill like a text box . I need to choose.

Can this be configured without any customization/coding? If then how to do this in "Types and Attributes" page first? Thanks for your help.

Ravi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maggie_Ma
13-Aquamarine
(To:rsingaram)

Hi Ravi,

i'm afraid this needs customization. 

if customer uses user picker, they can set showSuggestion=true. Or  suggestTextBox. Please reference to https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/add-a-suggestionbox-in-the-create-part-wizard/m-p/170123#M20075%3F&posno=12&q=suggestTextBox&source=search

Thanks and Regards,

Maggie

Maggie _Ma

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I do not want to use "Drop Down" type selection. Windchill should automatically list the users available dynamically. 

The only problem I expect is that if there are hundreds of users. Hope by typing first letters, it can automatically filter. May be I am expecting too much comfortable way of using. But just want to make sure configurable with out-of-box or need to customize.

-Thanks

Ravi

Maggie_Ma
13-Aquamarine
(To:rsingaram)

Hi Ravi,

i'm afraid this needs customization. 

if customer uses user picker, they can set showSuggestion=true. Or  suggestTextBox. Please reference to https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/add-a-suggestionbox-in-the-create-part-wizard/m-p/170123#M20075%3F&posno=12&q=suggestTextBox&source=search

Thanks and Regards,

Maggie

Maggie _Ma

Hi Maggie,

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

I would work this out.

-Ravi

Top Tags