cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

I am unable to set the owner application to the EPMDocument

AR_9920456
13-Aquamarine

I am unable to set the owner application to the EPMDocument

I am doing the save as for the EPMDocument while doing save it is giving some error. iam able to get the owner application but iam not able to set the owner application for newly saveas 

[error is"The value of "Owner Application" cannot be set to null, since it is a "required" attribute."]

private EPMDocument saveAsCADAssembly(EPMDocument emptyCADAssembly, String name) throws WTException {

try {

System.out.println("While Save as partName: " + name);

// Get the owner application from the original CAD assembly

EPMApplicationType ownerAppl = emptyCADAssembly.getOwnerApplication();

System.out.println("Owner Application: " + ownerAppl.toString());

RevisionControlled[] originals = new RevisionControlled[1];

CopyObjectInfo[] copyInfoArray = null;

originals[0] = emptyCADAssembly;

copyInfoArray = EnterpriseHelper.service.newMultiObjectCopy(originals);

EPMDocument copy = (EPMDocument) copyInfoArray[0].getCopy();

// Set the owner application for the newly saved copy

copy.getOwnerApplication();

// Set the owner application for the newly saved copy

copy.setNumber(name + ".SLDASM");

copy.setName(name + ".SLDASM");

copy.setContainer(emptyCADAssembly.getContainer());

copyInfoArray = EnterpriseHelper.service.saveMultiObjectCopy(copyInfoArray);

System.out.println("emptyCADAssembly return: " + emptyCADAssembly.getNumber() + "------" + emptyCADAssembly.getName());

} catch (Exception e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

return emptyCADAssembly;

}

1 REPLY 1

Hi @AR_9920456 

Before you create the EPMDocument use following method to set the application 

wt.epm.EPMContextHelper.setApplication(wt.epm.EPMApplicationType.toEPMApplicationType("PROE"));

here is the list of apps:

PROE, CADDS5, CATIA, OTHER, PRODESKTOP, MENTORB, ACAD, HELIX, CCD, UG, IDEAS, CADENCE, MENTORE, SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDDESIGNER, ME10, CATIAV5, INVENTOR, MENTORD, PADS, PROTEL, ORCAD, ZUKENCR5, CADSTAR, VISULA, PCAD, ARBORTEXT, WINDCHILL, CADENCE_SCH, MENTORB_SCH, MENTORE_SCH, PADS_SCH, ORCAD_SCH, ZUKENCR5_SCH, CADSTAR_SCH, VISULA_SCH, PCAD_SCH, PROTEL_SCH, RSD, MATHCAD, ISODRAW, COCRMOD, COCRDRAFT, GRAPHICSEDITOR, SEDGE, CADENCE_ADW_DM, MSTATION, CADENCE_APD, GENERIC_ECAD, GALAXY, ZUKENCR5GW_SCH, MEDUSA, STHENO, BLUEPRINTPCB, CAM350, CATIAV6, ECADNEUTRAL, ZUKENCR8DF, ZUKENCR8DGW_SCH, CADENCE_SDA_SCH, AUTODESK_REVIT, ALTIUM_NEXUS, AUCOTEC_ENGI_BASE, CADENCE_ALLEGRO_EDM, CADENCE_ORCAD_EDM, E_PLAN, MENTOR_CAPITAL_HARNESS, MENTOR_EDM, MENTOR_EDX, PULSONIX, SOLIDWORKS_ELECTRICAL, ZUKEN_DS_CR, ZUKEN_DS_E3

PetrH

Top Tags