cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

I changed the server name but I don't know which parameter to change to adjust in windchill

RG_10875150
4-Participant

I changed the server name but I don't know which parameter to change to adjust in windchill

Hello, I am unable to carry out the rehost process.

I need to change the server name so that Windchill doesn't lose communication. Would you help me ? I've seen the PTC documentation but it didn't help, it doesn't say which parameter I have to change so that the system understands the new server name.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi, 
The server name is spread out all over the application conf files, InfoEngine definitions, tomcat and Apache ...

only the tool can carry out such massive change consistently is the rehost tool. 

so what is it exactly failing with the tool ? Can you share logs and config files of the rehost utility ? 

Hi, of course I will!

Could you give me your email so we can hold a call? This way I can show you more clearly

Follow log files and properties

Looks like further obfuscation may be necessary in these files. You should remove the files or your reply with them.. you have some plain text passwords... Also, the MS log you included is the garbage collection log - which won't have anything relevant.

Thanks, 

first, i really hope for you there is a backup pre rehost!
It looks like you are running two scenarios in one, Rename and  Move , hence the issues.

also the files also are not set right:

The selected scenario should be uncommented : 

# These are the standard sets of tasks for these functions:
# rafinha=Backup,InfoEngine,Database,Apache
# rehost=Backup,InfoEngine,Database,Apache,Vault,WPA
# clone=Copy,Backup,InfoEngine,Database,Apache,WPA
# move=Copy,Backup,ChangeHome,InfoEngine,Apache

and following properties are inconsistent: 

• target.wt.home=C:\ptc\Windchill
  • source.directory.windchill=E:\ptc\Previous_Windchill
  • target.directory.windchill=C:\ptc\new_Windchill

Try to use the FQDN instead of the alias 

• target.db.hostname=rafinha
  • target.ldap.hostname=rafinha

uncomment 

• # target.ldap.serviceName=rafinha

I would be happy to call you , just open a PTC support case and give me its number, i would pick it up if you are in EU.

Here's the case number:

PTC Case: C17199383

Thank you !! 

case resolved after setting right the rename.properties and projects.properties then running the rehost tool, it went successful and MS was up.

You have got to keep the use case name prefix unchanged in the projects.properties, alos uncomment the selected rehost scenario by removing the #  :

# rafinha=Backup,InfoEngine,Database,Apache

valid prefix vaues are : 

# rename.<anything>=...
# rehost.<anything>=...
# clone.<anything>=...
# move.<anything>=..

so in your case it should have been 

rename.rafinha=InfoEngine,Database,Apache
# rehost=Backup,InfoEngine,Database,Apache,Vault,WPA
# clone=Copy,Backup,InfoEngine,Database,Apache,WPA
# move=Copy,Backup,ChangeHome,InfoEngine,Apache

I highly recommend to read through the rehost guide again, you can open a thread if anything in there needs further clarification

Top Tags