cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Is there any way to identify whether the object is checked in from Windchill or CADApplication?

TDT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Is there any way to identify whether the object is checked in from Windchill or CADApplication?

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:TDT)

Yes, on details page:

avillanueva_0-1709900093468.png

The icon would have a different glyph if it was checked out. Also in the database, there is a status column on the iteration if the item is checked out (c/o) or checked in (c/i). Wouldn't be much of a system if it could not do that? But I suspect that you were not asking this since you are 12-Amethyst. Can you elaborate on what you are really looking for? Are you looking to know from where it was checked in from?

Hi @avillanueva 

I guess that the user point of view is if the system can recognize if user checked-in the object from Creo->File-> Auto-checkin or Windchill wizard.

I don't think there is any OOTB  information in the system that you could recognize if the object has been checked-in from Creo, or from standalone browser.

PetrH

TDT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr,

Yes, I have a use case where I need to stop the user to check in the object from standalone browser if there is no attribute changes and design changes.

I wanted to give a try.

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

An indirect way is to use ModelCheck, by which it ensures that ModelCheck is run and is error Free before allowing to checkin. By doing this,  think there will be ways in the Model Check preference to only allow check in from CAD.

Not sure if this helps your use case, otherwise I think you may need to write some customization to achieve the exact intent.

Wait for our expert's validation here.

Best Regds

Hari

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Hari_Vara)

Hi @Hari_Vara 

In my opinion this is the best way to go. Use the modelcheck and do not allow to check in cad without the modelcheck control.

it is easier then to write any customization. 

PetrH

d_graham
17-Peridot

@TDT ,

Interesting question. 👍

I think the distinction would be that checkin from standalone cannot upload content while checkin from embedded of course can upload content.

So, it would certainly be possible to check the file size (for example) of the file linked to the new iteration and previous iteration. If they are the same, it’s very likely the content was not changed, which would indicate the checkin was from a standalone browser.

Better yet, check if the same content file in the file vault is used by both the newly checked in iteration and the previous iteration.

If it is, the checkin was done from standalone browser.

Again, this check could be done automatically upon checkin.

This check could be done automatically of course.

I saw the ModelCHECK suggestion and of course ModelCHECK only runs from the CAD side but wouldn’t you not still have to check the content file.

Maybe someone else can weight in on if ModelCHECK along would be a bombproof way to determine which browser was used to checkin.

David

Top Tags