cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Move the username

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Move the username

Is there any way to move the location of where the username displays in the banner?  We recently upgraded from 10.1 to 11.0.  The company logo I use is too wide in the new version.

wc_logo.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @STEVEG,

To do this follow below steps:

• modify "C:\ptc\Windchill_11.0\Windchill\codebase\netmarkets\javascript\util\jsfrags\navigation\navigation.jsfrag" file and locate below line:

<table><tr><td><div id="logoNav" class="' + PTC.navigation.HEADER_CLASS + '"></div></td><td><span id="globalUser"></span></td></tr></table>

• Add couple of &nbsp (HTML spaces) before globalUser element as shown below.

<table><tr><td><div id="logoNav" class="' + PTC.navigation.HEADER_CLASS + '"></div></td><td>&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp<span id="globalUser"></span></td></tr></table>

• Save these changes
  • Run below command from Windchill Shell:

ant -f bin\jsfrag_combine.xml
  • Make sure command run successfully
  • Stop Windchill Method Server
  • Clear Tomcat & Info*Engine cache
  • Restart Windchill Method Server

It will looks like below:

username.jpg

Note:

• If need be, you may also have to clear browser cache too. 
  • These are the instructions for your reference purpose only. Make sure you follow Customization best practices to avoid any maintenance/update/patch installation override.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Shirish

Thank you for that.  I have been so incredible busy since our upgrade because of problems with it, or end or year tasks that I haven't been able visit this community.  Things are starting so slow down now.  I didn't want to mark this as accepted yet until we can try it to verify it works.

Top Tags