cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

My first Wizard

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

My first Wizard

I've been pretty good a custom display actions, tables and renderers. I need to create my first wizard which is simply in concept but there are some things I am unclear about.

Story: Add a custom action to the Change Notice that displays a related object to the change notice and allows the user to edit information about that object. There can be more than one related object but a drop down list will allow the user to toggle between the different objects to edit a specific one.

I think I have the form processor down which processes the form once a user hits complete. The wizard template (one step) looks fairly straight forward with describeAttributesTable block for input. 

Things I am fuzzy on:

• where do I place the code to navigate from the change notice to this related object and return one to the describeAttributesTable? Do I need a getModel block related with that table?
  • Seeing as there could be more than one object but I am allowing edit to only one at a time, how do I switch it and have it refresh the table? In my head, it should behave like the New Document wizard where you can change the type and it refreshes (rebuilds) the lower portion of the table. 

any help or examples appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:avillanueva)

Ok, looks like a solved the first part. Confidence building.  In the wizard example, they buried the getModel call in another jspf fragment call.  This is straight up standard stuff. 

<jca:getModel var="tableModel" descriptor="${attributesTableDescriptor}"
	   serviceName="com.ptc.core.components.forms.CreateAndEditModelGetter"
	   methodName="getItemAttributes">
	   <jca:addServiceArgument value="${attributesTableDescriptor}" type="com.ptc.core.components.descriptor.ComponentDescriptor"/>
	   <jca:addServiceArgument value="${commandBean}" type="com.ptc.netmarkets.util.beans.NmCommandBean"/>
	   <jca:addServiceArgument value="${nmcontext.context}" type="com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.NmContext"/>
	</jca:getModel>

Announcements
Top Tags