cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Need replacement for the api mentioned in CS348452 for csm in Windchill 12

SJ_9465621
3-Visitor

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @SJ_9465621 

if the article says there is no replacement then you need to write own code that does same thing as the depreciated classes.

HelesicPetr_0-1692786836083.png

For example, I found some methods that were removed from ptc classes so I write own methods in my own package that does same thing. 

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:SJ_9465621)

The end of that article referred to CS217792. I used this when accessing information about PartsLink classified parts. 

Hi @avillanueva, these APIs are not applicable 12.1 onwards and we have 12.1 environment. These are only supported upto 12.0.1.

Request your kind support on the same.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:SJ_9465621)

I do not have a 12.1 environment but are you saying that wt.facade.classification.ClassificationFacade API no longer exists in 12.1? The article does say support for 11.0+ which means beyond though I do see that article refers to 10.2 to 12.0. I highly doubt that they would introduce then deprecate and remove an API that replaced earlier ones that quickly without any further notice. I checked and did not see anything in the knowledge base. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS357412?source=search

The Hub link above does indicates it covers 12.1.

Where are you seeing these APIs (the ones replacing the wt.csm API) are not applicable to 12.1?

Hi @avillanueva 

I just guess that he is trying to move/implement their customization to the Windchill+ where is very strict verification step to classes that are used and not supported or depreciated. This verification do not allow to use any code that is not mentioned in the java documentation classes. 

in any other scenarios it is not so important I guess 😄 

I've seen an another user to search for supported methods to do some action with deprecated classes and I didn't understand why but he's explained that Windchill+ does not allow depreciated classes. 

PetrH

Hi, 

I had actually raised this concern with Windchill customization team and they said that it is not supported in 12.1 environment. It was a bit surprising for me as well because they are just asking to change the code and not provide any APIs in place of the existing ones.

@SJ_9465621 

Yes they are missing from the windchill package in Windchill 12.1 

so developer needs to develop alternative solution. 

PS > I compared the java library within .11.1 and 12120 with MPMLink and conclusion is that earlier library contains that api (wt.csm.navigation*) the new one(12120 ) does not.

PetrH

Top Tags