cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

What is the difference between getDataValue and getPlainDataValue methods in data utility?

TDT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

What is the difference between getDataValue and getPlainDataValue methods in data utility?

What is the difference between getDataValue and getPlainDataValue methods in data utility

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:TDT)

Hi @TDT 

getDataValue returns an object named Component that is shown in the UI tables, attributes etc. generally in MVC Wizards and detail page tables.

Component object can be Label, Icon, CheckBox, ComboBox, TextArea etc... 

HelesicPetr_3-1705643110240.png

but Google Web Toolkit can use just String that is plainDataValue.

So getPlainDataValue is used in the GWT tables and sub tabs as a CAD Structure WTPart structure and MPMLink structure.

GWT environment always use the getPlainDataValue method instead of the getDataValue

HelesicPetr_1-1705643040692.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:TDT)

Hi @TDT 

getDataValue returns an object named Component that is shown in the UI tables, attributes etc. generally in MVC Wizards and detail page tables.

Component object can be Label, Icon, CheckBox, ComboBox, TextArea etc... 

HelesicPetr_3-1705643110240.png

but Google Web Toolkit can use just String that is plainDataValue.

So getPlainDataValue is used in the GWT tables and sub tabs as a CAD Structure WTPart structure and MPMLink structure.

GWT environment always use the getPlainDataValue method instead of the getDataValue

HelesicPetr_1-1705643040692.png

PetrH

There has to be a work around for this in PSB.  We have WPA Process Adapter installed, and it shows icons.  Also there are two columns we have added to custom views for Change Notices and Alternates that both show icons.

SE_4597606_0-1715171440602.png

Hi @SE_4597606 

No there is not.

You can try to recompile the Google Web Toolkit package try to find configuration how the API are connected together, then customize it with own code if you found how to do so, then compile it back and try if it works.

Believe me you don't have time to do so.

PetrH

@SE_4597606 

PS:

You can try following code with jsonObject for icon,, but it works only in GWT Attribute Tab, it does not work in GWT structure table. Table always shows the full string...

JSONObject jsonObject = new JSONObject();
WTProperties wtproperties = null;
wtproperties = WTProperties.getServerProperties();
String httpAdress = wtproperties.getProperty("wt.server.codebase");
jsonObject.put("type", "icon");
jsonObject.put("iconPath", httpAdress + "/netmarkets/images/myIcon.png"); // nakopirovat 70:32 pixelu
jsonObject.put("tooltip", "My label");
jsonObject.put("label", "My label");
jsonObject.put("target", "_top");
jsonObject.put("link", url);

return jsonObject.toJSONString();

PetrH

Top Tags