cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

'14' to compile SQLINDX does not substitute correct #SRCLIB/#SRCFIL

blemay
1-Newbie

'14' to compile SQLINDX does not substitute correct #SRCLIB/#SRCFIL

We are starting to use Index Adviser to create new indexes by cutting and pasting the SQL statements into a source member for compile and promotion through Implementer. However, when I go to compile in our Development environment with '14', the command RUNSQLSTM uses QTEMP/QSQLSRC for the Object Code substitution variables #SRCLIB/#SRCFIL.

The SQLINDX object code has a default source file of QSQLSRC, but I have overridden the Development environment to FCOSRCLE. The source library for our Development environment is MM4D3SRC; the environment override is set to *SRCLIB.

So I expected Implementer to substitute the environment override value of FCOSRCLE for the source file and environment source library value of MM4D3SRC for the source library, but instead it used QTEMP/QSQLSRC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member
(To:blemay)

There is a known issue with SQL compiles when the source file is overridden for an environment. This is logged as Request for Change #171583. I will log a support case so that you will be notified when it is corrected. As a workaround, you can compile outside of Implementer.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member
(To:blemay)

There is a known issue with SQL compiles when the source file is overridden for an environment. This is logged as Request for Change #171583. I will log a support case so that you will be notified when it is corrected. As a workaround, you can compile outside of Implementer.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Top Tags