cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Acess 1:N related data in XML to Word export

m470hwer
3-Visitor

Acess 1:N related data in XML to Word export

Hi!

I want to export  a customized report and set up a XML and Word template. The report contains Test cases, which are linked to requirements. In the XML mapping, I load the requirement IDs with following code:

<field internal="Backward Relationship Test Issue" external="References" field-type="relationship" include-related="true" direction="out" />

Following, I want to access the underlying data, which is loaded with the flag ' include-related="true" '. But I did not find a way to achieve that. The report wizzard obviously loads the data, but I don't know, how to address these fields in order to have access in the docx template. I am only able to print the related ID's (stored in References), but not the data related to these IDs. I saw some questions in this forum asking the same, but no solution was provided.

Can anybody have an idea how to access it?

Thanks!

Helmut

1 REPLY 1

Hello Helmut,

to my knowledge, the functionality that you asked for, does not exist in Integrity Gateway standard.

To overcome this gap, we in consulting have developed different tools which help you getting the data you want. just to mention:

a) Gateway Overloader  (Jar file to Export 1:n relationships; also known as IntegrityCustomExport)

b) ReportEngine (Standalone tool to create Traces in Excel)

If you consider a customized java based solution I would be pleased to give you support.

They are listed and summarized right here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Tips/Integrity-LM-Server-Gateway-and-Reports/m-p/448480#M22

Please contact me to get more details about the solution alternatives.

Volker 

Top Tags