cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

An easy scripting question...

smccoy
1-Newbie

An easy scripting question...

Is there an API, or easy method, to get the numeric value associated with the string value of a Pick Field?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sean,

Have you looked at the imFieldBean? It has a method that sounds like it will do what you want:

getPickFieldMappings()

If getFieldType() is the value "pick", then this method will return a mapping of the display strings to the underlying numeric pick values.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DanR.
10-Marble
(To:smccoy)

Wouldn't using the im command work?

im fields --hostname=<your-host> --fields=type,picks,name

You could redirect it to a log file and extract the values from the pick types.

smccoy
1-Newbie
(To:DanR.)

That would be harder than what I'm doing at the moment; which is hard-coded string lookup tables. I was hoping that there was an easy API call to use instead of getFieldValue.

I'm in a trigger script and need the numbers to perform calculations. So dumping the values to a log file really isn't a practical option.

Thank you for the idea, though.

Hi Sean,

Have you looked at the imFieldBean? It has a method that sounds like it will do what you want:

getPickFieldMappings()

If getFieldType() is the value "pick", then this method will return a mapping of the display strings to the underlying numeric pick values.

Thank you, Joe. That will do it.

Top Tags