cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Appropriate data to be displayed for 'document type' field

Sailesh
8-Gravel

Appropriate data to be displayed for 'document type' field

When we are running a specific query we have the following fields being exported:

1. ID

2. Type

3. Category

4. State

5. Document ID

6. Document type etc 

We observed that the document ID for a particular requirement ID- say 12345 and all the requirements contained under 12345 is being displayed as its segment ID ex: requirement specification document - 56789.

However, the document type field for Req ID 12345 is displayed as Req spec Doc ID- 56789 and for all the requirements contained under 12345 the document type is displayed as just Requirement. Screenshots attached for the same. This is because the Document type field is defined as FVA with 'contained by' relationship.

How can we go about displaying the same Document type(Requirement Spec Doc) for all the requirements contained in Req ID 12345 as well? Please advise if new fields to be created for this change ? I am wondering if the Doc ID is uniform for all the relationships under a requirement, then the document type can also be uniform?

1 REPLY 1
kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:Sailesh)

Hi @Sailesh ,

Actually this is not a FVA error , field is working correctly but this way can't help you in this use case because the reason is :-
E.g. Inside Document there are many contents like Section 1, 1.1, 2, 3, 3.1, 3.2, 4, 5, 6 so on.... So for Section 1 , 2 , 3, 4, 5, 6 Contained By will be Document ID and for Section 1.1 Contained By will be Section 1 ID not Document ID and same for 3.1 and 3.2 Contained By will be Section 3 ID...

So what quickly i can think for this :-

Computation Field - Can't help you get Document Type because on Document Level there is a field "Type" that store this information and this can't be accessed in Computation :-

GetFieldValue("Document ID",Type) -> Will Not Work
GetFieldValue("Document ID",Summary) -> But you can get any other information from Document Level

Trigger - If your agenda is to only get Document Type information then i think trigger would be better solution.

Top Tags