I am trying to make a script that creates some issues based on some properties which are in an .xml file. (State, Summary, Description, Project, Assigned User, etc...)
So far, so good, but given the fact that the project is relatively new, some users didn't connect to the project and when the script is trying to create an issue with an Assigned User field with an user like that, it fails creating the issue and gives the following error message:
The field "Assigned User" is constrained by the type "Issue", causing the value "uid****" to be invalid.
From what I saw, for a user to be found by PTC, he needs to connect at least once on the specified project. Can this behavior be changed and make PTC send a request to the Active Directory of my company to see if the user exists and then successfully create the issue?
Thanks in advance
there is a CLI command "im importuser ..." which is descibed inthe document:
If you cannot acess thsi document who will find the command desription in the attachment.
Hi Peter and thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately im importuser command does not fit my needs. If I run the command, PTC returns the following message:
A user with name "uid*****" already exists.
Even though the user exists in the PTC database, it somehow isn't available on a given project. I don't know how PTC manages its users at project level. From what I saw you need to connect at least once on the given project and starting from that point, that user is known by the project.
Even though the user has PM rights on project X, if he hasn't connected to the project X at least once, he cannot be assigned to issues or on other fields that needs users. I tried this from GUI and from CLI. Is this the normal behavior? Do you know a workaround for this?
I have tried this out.
- created a new user (in the MKS Domain),
- then I have created a new Project,
- then I have created a new Work Item assigend to the new Project and
- assigend the Work Item to the new user.
This worked fine without any errors.
Now the difference is that my new user was crated as a user in the MKS Domain (not within the Active Directory).
I will keep on searching for the cause (or a solution) for your problem......
It sounds like there is a Constraint defined on the Type object which limits the Assigned User field. Since you had tried to import the username and had a message saying it already exists, this tells me the user is already within a user realm. The problem is likely caused by a misconfiguration.