cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Attach a file in an email trigger

ptc-4742419
1-Newbie

Attach a file in an email trigger

Does anyone know if its possible to take a file from an attachment field and attach it in an email through a trigger?

5 REPLIES 5
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4742419)

Hi David,

in the JS triggerscript I'd try to fetch the ScriptAttachmentBean via the ScriptIssueBean (or ScriptIssueDeltaBean depending on your trigger context).

The ScriptAttachmentBean offers a getContent() method, that seems to represent the actual attachment file.

The rest depends on your email setup.

HTH Matthias

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

Hi David,

Did Matthias suggestion help?

This feature is not something built into the core product, and would definitely require the use of Trigger API calls to achieve. I do know that some customers have implemented this behavior.

Services could certainly do this sort of functionality for you.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

I'm using the attachment bean to get the content but am not sure how to get that into the email.

Are you using the sendEmail class?

I'm using the stanard function MKS uses in their triggers Packages.javax.mail. My first problem was I was using getAttachmentBeans instead of getAddedAttachmentBeans. So I'm able to get the attachment, save it to disk through FileOutputStream and then send it.

So it'd be nice to save to disk part but I don't know if that's possible.

Top Tags