cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Bonjour, nous avons un problème ce matin avec nos licences.

jbresse
1-Newbie

Bonjour, nous avons un problème ce matin avec nos licences.

Bonjour,

nous avons un problème de licence, nous avons 5 licences et il y a une licence de disponible mais la personne ne peux pas ce logger.

Merci de nous aider.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Laurent's suggestions are good to check.

I find, usually, that when one gets this error message, in most cases, it's because a customer site, has their seat license configuration incorrectly configured.  ex.  Having a license file, with, for example, 20 seat licenses (for Workflow & Documents), and then finding out that the IM seat license domain group, actually has more than 20 users in it (so their float licenses also get consumed).

That would be worth checking.

If you open a Support case, we should be able to figure this out.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:jbresse)

Quels types de licenses avez-vous, "named" or "floating" ?

Quel message d'erreur reçoit-elle?

I think it's floating but not sure.  The person that could tell me is not available.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:jbresse)

If you have access to the admin client (you have admin rights), you can open Server Diagnostics > License Usage to check.

Has this user logged in successfully in the past?

If your licenses are floating, then make sure the person has "login" permission in the "im" ACL.

If your licenses are named, make sure the person is in the correct license group and refresh your user cache.

If that still fails, I recommend calling PTC Support and getting live assistance.

Laurent's suggestions are good to check.

I find, usually, that when one gets this error message, in most cases, it's because a customer site, has their seat license configuration incorrectly configured.  ex.  Having a license file, with, for example, 20 seat licenses (for Workflow & Documents), and then finding out that the IM seat license domain group, actually has more than 20 users in it (so their float licenses also get consumed).

That would be worth checking.

If you open a Support case, we should be able to figure this out.

I have a open ticket.  But, this is not the case since the person is trying to login is a programmer so he login everyday since many years.

thank you.

Good to hear.  We should be able to identify what has changed, if you have an open case. 

It looks like your case got solved, and it was an API user grabbing one of your licenses from you?  Glad to see this was solved.

Top Tags