cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

CLI command to get a list of tasks assigned to a user

ptc-4940367
1-Newbie

CLI command to get a list of tasks assigned to a user

I've been searching through the myriad documents I have surrounding the CLI, and I can't seem to find a command that will give me the list of tasks assigned to a given user. Does anyone know where I can find this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Scott,

The CLI command for running a query is "im issues". As part of that command you can pass in a query name or a query definition to narrow down the list of items to what you are looking for, in this case the tasks with assigned user = xyz

The query definition format can be a bit tricky, so a good way to start is to set up a regular query with all the filters you want in the GUI, then look at the history tab of that query to see it in "query definition" format.

Of course once you have the query built in the gui you can always use the query name in order to run the im issues command, but sometimes you need to programmatically alter the definition to make a lot of similar queries or something like that.

Hope that helps,

Matt

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Scott,

The CLI command for running a query is "im issues". As part of that command you can pass in a query name or a query definition to narrow down the list of items to what you are looking for, in this case the tasks with assigned user = xyz

The query definition format can be a bit tricky, so a good way to start is to set up a regular query with all the filters you want in the GUI, then look at the history tab of that query to see it in "query definition" format.

Of course once you have the query built in the gui you can always use the query name in order to run the im issues command, but sometimes you need to programmatically alter the definition to make a lot of similar queries or something like that.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Top Tags