cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can I create "macro type" action in MKS RQ_Author -- For editing objects?

jguzman
1-Newbie

Can I create "macro type" action in MKS RQ_Author -- For editing objects?

Many times I found that (specially when working with documents in IMS) that a specific change is applicable to X number of objects, but a query is not yet suitable to filter (because there is no enough information to filter properly) and apply the change. 

I wonder if there is a CLI doc for this purpose or scripting or a guide in how can I programm an Add-on?

Specific case to illustrate and explain my question:

Document A has lot of objects (requirements) that I want to change attribute: "Category". It is not easy to filter so what I do is "multiple selection" of the objects, then right click and "Edit Items", select the category I and the value for the field. This event will change all selected objects to have same Category.

I want to repeat this action without going to the "edit items, select field category, select value, click ok" process. I would like to be able to create a "macro" event that for all selected objects, do this action. one click!

Thanks for your responses...  thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Hello Jorge,

currently, Integrity does not provide any build in macro functionality. The macro that we have is called CLI or Java API

Assuming you perform very similar steps like you described above I could think of a CLI batch file that you register as custom program.

This batch file will read the selected item IDs (environment variables), and will perform a certain action for all of them.

In batch files there is not much of select box to, lets say, choose the state to enter, or the field to update flexible.

If you really want this flexible and automated, you end up with a Java routine, with a form.

But then you are not fare away from the standard form.

To summarize: Macro isn't, CLI would alow you at least to have a quick return on invest ...

Hope this helps. Futher Questions welcome.

An, by the way, this is a great idea for Integrity LM, perhaps you add this into our idea portal as well?

This to-be-build macro tool should just combine a development form for batch scripts like the one you describe, incl. a small intelligent editor.

Volker

Top Tags