cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Client Errors following move of DB to new server

ptc-4670185
1-Newbie

Client Errors following move of DB to new server

We recently moved our production Integrity Oracle 11.2 database from one Linux 6 server to another. The version of Oracle and Linux is the same.

I'm able to work without errors. However, 2 key developers are receiving the following errors. First "C:\Program Files(x86)\MKS\IntegrityClient\bin\integrityg.exe: Failed to connect to MKS Integrity Client. Ensure that another MKS Integrity Client is not running under the context of your configuration file (by default IntegrityClient.rc) and that the IntegrityClient.port specification is valid". Second "MKS131372: An unhandled database exception has occured. Please contact your administrator. This is not an MKS error, the MKS Integrity Server is up and running, either the database or network is down or misconfigured. The error supplied by the database is: No more data to read from socket." I've checked their client configurations and they haven't changed, they are the same as mine. They have no other MKS Client running. This is a work stoppage for them, and they do production support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dringel
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4670185)

Hello Elizabeth,

I would recommend you contact Integrity Support by opening a case via our eSupport portal or by calling our hotline.

Regarding this error: "The error supplied by the database is: No more data to read from socket." > this might point to a known Oracle bug. We have the following knowledgebase article documenting this error:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS000134985

Again, to be 100% certain, it would be good for you to contact us via phone/eSupport portal case.

Thank you

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dringel
5-Regular Member

Hello Elizabeth,

I would recommend you contact Integrity Support by opening a case via our eSupport portal or by calling our hotline.

Regarding this error: "The error supplied by the database is: No more data to read from socket." > this might point to a known Oracle bug. We have the following knowledgebase article documenting this error:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS000134985

Again, to be 100% certain, it would be good for you to contact us via phone/eSupport portal case.

Thank you

David

Thank you for your quick response. I requested the DBA to examine the state of the database. He restarted it to resolve memory sharing issues. After that, Integrity came up fine. I'll have to keep this error in my back pocket for future reference after database hardware moves.

dringel
5-Regular Member

That is good to hear. Also thank you Elizabeth for the update!

Have a great weekend!

David

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Elizabeth,

As David has resolved the one issue, the basic steps to attempt to resolve your other problem are outlined in CS123559: Integrity client will not start in Windows.

If there are two Integrity clients running, even if they are different versions, they could have a collision on attempting to open the same port.

In a worst case scenario, a customer with a user experiencing the same error noticed that other users logged into the same workstation could use the client just fine. They decided to simply create a new profile for the user on that workstation.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags