cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creating/resynchronizing sandbox without Client, using API

mhyang
9-Granite

Creating/resynchronizing sandbox without Client, using API

HI.

I've just made a java program fetching files from Integrity CM system and it works good on the Window OS .

But I've found it not working without operating the client program on the Linux OS, where the program will actually be running, and the client has not been installed on.

So, here's my question.

1) Is there Any way of Creating/resynchronizing sandbox without Client, using API?
   -I've been using localIntegrationPoint so far, for the system has sent me "Sandboxes cannot be created or imported directly on the Integrity Server." messages.

2) What should I do to install client on my linux OS?

-I'm not in charge of the Integrity system, so I got no clue what should I do. Should I tell the manager in charge to install the client on Linux?

Any ideas or tips will be helpful. Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:mhyang)

It's not possible to create or work with a sandbox without a client installed. The API needs to connect to a client rather than the server.  

If you want to work with sandboxes then yes, you should tell the manager to get the Integrity Client installed on Linux. 

mhyang
9-Granite
(To:awalsh)

Thank you so much, awalsh.

After discussions with the manager, it is decided for me to install a client on our linux OS, which is Cent OS 7.4(64bit), and I found the PTC doesn't support a client for it officially.

Nevertheless, I've been trying to install 'Integrity-10-9-Client-Linux32' on the system, following

'/ClientUserGuide_Integrity_10_9.pdf' guide documentation and 'https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS124168'.

And now, I'm facing with another error messages when try launching the client, saying that 

"./si: Attempt to launch Integrity Client timed out. To solve this please try the following:
- Verify that the user you are logged in as has read and write permissions to the Integrity Client install directory."

I've found a similar issue, "https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Questions/Attempt-to-launch-MKS-Integrity-client-Timed-out/m-p/296327", so I've double-checked my path '/home/user/Integrity/IntegrityClient10/bin' be registered,  but still got the same message.

Is there any problems you've found from What I've done?

Thank you again.

awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:mhyang)

There are several reasons one can get the "Integrity Client timed out" error message.  The most common reasons I've seen are:

• Permissions issue with the Integrity Client Installation directory. The user running the Integrity Client should have full access to the IntegrityClient Installation directory.
  • User account is not defined locally
    • Default settings directory for Integrity Client is $HOME.
    • Try setting the environment variable MKS_INSTANCE_DIR to a local directory that the user has full access to. 
  • See KCS article 123560 for other possible issues. 
Top Tags