cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Custom code sharing

Omnia1990
5-Regular Member

Custom code sharing

Hello, 

I have a need to share a custom code.

So the main issue is: How or where I can upload the code to allow users automatically download it locally when they start their Integrity clients?

So in further, user can set up his own viewset, or use already designed viewset with predefined key bindings to call this code for execution.

I will appreciate any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Omnia1990
5-Regular Member
(To:ascott)

Hello,

Thank You for the reply.

Yes, I'm talking about Custom Button, but unfortunately, this solution could not resolve our issue.

The main goal it uploads the code into Integrity server and when the user starts his client, it compares changes and if any is found download it.

The second idea - implement this via updates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ascott
17-Peridot
(To:Omnia1990)

Hi!

It sounds like you're referring to Custom Button? There are usually two common solutions to the "where do I put the script" problem. One common solution is to put it on a shared / mapped drive. Ideally, you want the script file local to the people using it - so if you're a global shop, it might be a good idea to have multiple share locations. Another benefit of this, is you can update the script on the shared location and everyone automatically gets the updates.

Other times, setup instructions and the script is sent out and users are responsible for configuring it themselves.

Hope that helps!

Andrew

Omnia1990
5-Regular Member
(To:ascott)

Hello,

Thank You for the reply.

Yes, I'm talking about Custom Button, but unfortunately, this solution could not resolve our issue.

The main goal it uploads the code into Integrity server and when the user starts his client, it compares changes and if any is found download it.

The second idea - implement this via updates.

Top Tags