cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dear All, is it possible to add an image (reporting a table for instance) to a requirement?

aspata
1-Newbie

Dear All, is it possible to add an image (reporting a table for instance) to a requirement?

Dear All,

is it possible to add an image (reporting a table for instance) to a requirement?

Thanks,

Alessandro

3 REPLIES 3
jklostermann
5-Regular Member
(To:aspata)

Hi Alessandro,

as the requirement text (the Description field) is a RTF text field, it can more/less hold everything that RTF is capable to include. The problem is only that the Modeler does not provide an appropriate editing facility for this.

A Workaround to use it anyway is: Use Microsoft WORD as external RTF Editor (WordPad I found not as compatible):

Formulate your requirement with all the tables/images/formating that you find useful within WORD and then copy it via the clipboard (CTRL-C, CTRL-V) into the Description field of your requirement item in Modeler.

If you want to change these elements not supported by the Modeler's (very limited) internal RTF editor, just copy everything back to WORD and edit it there, like before.

Not perfect, but a way to get it done...

Hi Jan,

thanks for your reply.

I made some tests. I have experienced that (CTRL-C, CTRL-V) approach works with images but it does not work with tables.

When I try to copy&paste a table (both from .docx, .rtf files) into the description field of PTC IM the table format is lost. I get only the text.

Could you kindly perform the same test, please?

Regards,

Alessandro

jklostermann
5-Regular Member
(To:aspata)

Hi Alessandro,

I do experience the same. Apparently RTF-tables are not supported...

You can either text-format the table by hand (not working very well with more complex tables, no table frames either) or make a screenshot (bringing it in via WORD), as mentioned in your initial post.

Not very satisfying, but better than nothing...

All the best

Jan

Top Tags