cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Delete large requirment line item

VR_10696444
6-Contributor

Delete large requirment line item

Hello All,

I am using PTC RV&S 13.2 and sometimes the tool gives me option to delete large sum of data and sometimes not. 

My use case is after i branch a requirement document, i filter the requirements that i do not want in the new branched document. After applying the appropriate filter, i select all items and see that the delete option is disabled. 

I am able to delete one requirement at a time. but it is not efficient when there are more than 100 to 500 line items. 

Under view -> option->editng-> operations mode : i have tried selecting all the 3 modes and still sometimes i get the delete option and sometimes not. 

5 REPLIES 5

Are there any nodes that are in a non-editable state?

Depending on the settings, the category can also be a problem. Sometimes it is not possible to delete several nodes if there is a "description" underneath them.

VR_10696444
6-Contributor
(To:amund)

When there are about a 100 line items,  is there a way to see what is editable and what is not ?

how can i see this ?

This is difficult to say from a distance, as it depends on a number of factors and we do not know your solution.
For example, does your solution have one or more node states in which the node is read-only? Then you could filter for that.

Hello,

Have you referred to the documentation around this topic - you can find it here.

If you still see the discrepancy you have referred to, please file a support case.

Thanks

Kartik

VR_10696444
6-Contributor
(To:KartikOak)

Hello,

The content you have shared is very generic. 

The issue is that the delete option under content is disabled. 

I want to know under what conditions can this be enabled and how can i work on my use case of deleting multiple selection of requirements in a document. 

Regards,

Vishwas

Top Tags