cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Deleting Versioned Item

Maxim
1-Newbie

Deleting Versioned Item

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to delete a versioned item, since I need to delete the associated project. But of course I get a

*** MKS956086: A live document or content item with versioned items cannot be de

leted.

Is there any way for me to delete versions or the complete versioned item?

Cheers,

Maxim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I
(To:Maxim)

Hello Maxim,

As the Versioning functionality exists currently, it is not 100% comprehensive and the Delete Item functionality has been disabled for both Segment and Node item types with versions. There are plans to continue improving the Versioning functionality in future releases but for right now there are known limitations - see the Document Versioning Guide for details.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I
(To:Maxim)

Hello Maxim,

As the Versioning functionality exists currently, it is not 100% comprehensive and the Delete Item functionality has been disabled for both Segment and Node item types with versions. There are plans to continue improving the Versioning functionality in future releases but for right now there are known limitations - see the Document Versioning Guide for details.

Hello Joe,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I know about the guide, but I didn't want to believe PTC would actually implement a feature that makes the creation of items an irreversible action in W&D.

Cheers,

Maxim

Sorry for necromancing the thread, just encountered the post while searching for the solution. The issue is still there at this moment and the "Limitations For Document Versioning" chapter of the Document Versioning Guide 11.0 is pretty much the same as it was in the 10.6 version of the guide.

Apparently, the "plans to continue improving the Versioning functionality " were abandoned.

Top Tags