cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Documentation of the return codes for si commands

gschwarz
3-Visitor

Documentation of the return codes for si commands

I am looking for a documentation of the return codes for the si CLI commands.

In a script I issue some si commands to log specific information for documentation purposes. Some of the more obvious return codes I'd figured out by testing various situations, e. g. 128 for files being not member of the sandbox or 2 when having no connection to the Integrity server. But now I've a report containing the return code 127 for an 'si diff' command and I could not find out what causes this return code. As the script is used by many different developers I was not able to reproduce the error code on my computer.

Searching the documentation did not help either. At least I was not able to find a list of the return codes for the si command.

Does anybody know what the return code 127 means for 'si diff' or even better, does anybody know where all the return codes are listed, if such a list exists.

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:gschwarz)

Hello Günter,

Please take a look at CS93042: Include CLI / API Exit Code Information in Integrity Documentation. I have updated it to include the return codes published in the CLI Reference Guides.

I Hope That Helps,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags