cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Error message of item editibility

PratikJain
6-Contributor

Error message of item editibility

I have made a rule of item editibility. But I want to show my custom error. Is it possible?

11 REPLIES 11
kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:PratikJain)

Message that you want to show during Item Editability is set by Integrity. I know setting Custom Message there will be quite useful for end user understanding but i havn't found any option doing this. I am not sure but i don't think this is possible by direct customization. May be trigger code or JAVA API can help but still very few chances.

Kapil

Hi Pratik,

Custom error messages can be created using constraints so if can create any constraint similar the editability without impacting any functionality, then your purpose will be solved.

Regards,

Chirag Agarwal

kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:chirag_kpit)

Hi @chirag_kpit,

What do you mean by creating constraints here that can produce custom error message ? Can you please come over again on this and explain more about this ?

Grube,

Kapil

Hi Kapil,

Yes, we can add custom error message in constraints. While creating constraint there is button "Customize". Using this you can create your own custom message.

Regards,

Chirag Agarwal 

Hi Chirag

I think with combination of trigger and constraints, we can do it.

Thanks.

Regards

Pratik Jain

Hi Pratik,

If you are using trigger then constraint is not required.

You can directly provide error message in "abortScript" function.

Regards,

Chirag Agarwal

Yes with trigger alone we can do it.

But with constraints we will be just able to restrict only one field.

How we will be able to restrict full item with a constraint?

It's difficult for me to resolve your issue without exactly knowing the problem.

So Either you need to explain me the scenario or you can go ahead with trigger.

Thanks in Advance. 🙂

For a particular CP, I want to block all the items related with CR.

This cannot be handled with constraint you need to create a trigger for this.

Constraints are used to restrict fields and values  within a item. 

kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:chirag_kpit)

Hi @PratikJain,

Trigger may work here or "Allow Edits" with "MKS.RQ.Editability.Document.1" Properties can also help you but it's completely depends on how well you are customizing and configuring your solution.... Just a workaround..

Grube,

Kapil

Top Tags