cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Export traceability matrix report to excel

jzand
7-Bedrock

Export traceability matrix report to excel

Hello Everyone! I am trying to create a report in Integrity that could generate customized excel traceability reports but I have no idea where to start from. Does anyone can point me to a direction where I could find a good literature to try and implement that functionality?

Thank you!

Danilo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:jzand)

Hello Jason Zand,

There is an existing HTML report for traceability in the ALM solution.  It's called <ALM_Prefix>Document Matrix, although <ALM_Prefix>Document Traces might actually be a better starting point, depending on what you are intending to do.

As an early version of it, you could output the results as a .csv file instead of as HTML, which would make it very easy to import into Excel.  That would probably be a reasonable format to get to Excel.  In theory, you could probably export it to .xslx, but that would likely take additional post-processing after exporting from Integrity.  Certainly, I can't think of any easy way to do it.

If I was forced to hack something to generate a final .xslx, I'd probably use something like this, and modify the script to do the conversion using existing tools, then email the completed report to the requesting user, if I could get the user's email address from the report output.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:jzand)

Hello Jason Zand,

There is an existing HTML report for traceability in the ALM solution.  It's called <ALM_Prefix>Document Matrix, although <ALM_Prefix>Document Traces might actually be a better starting point, depending on what you are intending to do.

As an early version of it, you could output the results as a .csv file instead of as HTML, which would make it very easy to import into Excel.  That would probably be a reasonable format to get to Excel.  In theory, you could probably export it to .xslx, but that would likely take additional post-processing after exporting from Integrity.  Certainly, I can't think of any easy way to do it.

If I was forced to hack something to generate a final .xslx, I'd probably use something like this, and modify the script to do the conversion using existing tools, then email the completed report to the requesting user, if I could get the user's email address from the report output.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags