cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Exporting test suite with its steps in XML format

nico29
1-Newbie

Exporting test suite with its steps in XML format

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to obtain all the test steps of a test suite in XML format ?

Indeed, at the moment I could only have the "level 1" of test cases of a test suite by using : im viewissue --xmlapi itemTestSuiteID and then if I do the same on a test case I got the list of test steps. But is there a way to do it directly ?

If not, is there somewhere a doc to explain how to create an xml template understable by integrity such as the DOCX File Export Support here http://www.mks.com/support/productinfo/docs/GatewayUserGuide.pdf page 75 ?

And if you have any better idea I am ready to hear it

Thank you,

Nicolas

1 REPLY 1

Hi Nicolas,

I would try these two alternatives:

1. use the existing test document reports within Integrity, adapt one of them to send out XML instead of HTML, and add the steps accordingly.
  2. use a small custom java programm to do the same

regarding 1/

The most important task here is to name the tags and fields explicitely, not generic. Explicit naming is required because XML rejects field names with blanks in it, so we must say <ExpectedResult><%RelationshipL2 Expected Result%></ExpectedResult>

This way you can easily create a valid XML file.

regarding 2/

The right command to use would be

• im viewsegment

This command provides all data from every section of your suite document. Then, you use im issues to add the individual test steps and the additional data required.

I suggest to use the xstream library for easy xml file creation.

Feel free to contact me directly via personal message if you need any additional advise or just to clarifiy my approaches.

Volker

Top Tags