cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Has anyone been able to manage MQSeries script members

sdamery
1-Newbie

Has anyone been able to manage MQSeries script members

Hello,

I am using MQ series on the iSeries and wanted to manage the 2 script files (a .CLP member and a member without an extension) needed for maintenance in implementer.

They are created with the QSAVEQMGR command and one (the one without an extension) is run as a parameter with STRMQMMQSC command.

I tried to create an MQSCR object code but when I leave the source type blank it gives me an error. When I add a period it does not create a source file member.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member
(To:sdamery)

Scott,

I am going to open a support case for you.   I will scan the database to see if we have any other customers who have encountered these objects.  If not, we will want to work together to create a new object code.  I will want to see a DSPOBJD of the object and then know the source member type in order to help you create an object code.

Once we get it working, we will post the results here to help anyone else who may have these objects!

Dawn

The object is like a text file. It is a File member with no file type.

Similar to an ALTER TABLE script file member only  we are using the TXT file type for those.

With the ALTER TABLE scripts you create a TXT file member and then use creation command CPYSRCF to move the member through environments, then you use the special command to run it with RUNSQLSTM.

This would be similar except that is has no file type and the special command to run it would be STRMQMMQSC.

DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member

You could try something like this and then an after move special command (IEXCRQSDTL) to run the STRMQMMQSC

DSPOBC.1                Display Object Code                        

Object code  . . . . . . . . . .     MQSCRPTMQ Script                   
Activity flag  . . . . . . . . :   1       1=Active, 0=Inactive    
Object type  . . . . . . . . . :                                        
Object attribute . . . . . . . :                                        
Source member type . . . . . . :   TXT                                  
Default source file  . . . . . :   Q???SRC                              
Creation sequence  . . . . . . :   1000    1-ZZZZ                  
Special characteristics  . . . :           *DATA, *MERGE, *MAINT, ...
Object authority . . . . . . . :   *KEEP   *KEEP, *GRANT           
Remove obj in from env . . . . :   Y       Y=Yes, N=No             
Remove src in from env . . . . :   Y       Y=Yes, N=No             
Creation process . . . . . . . :   M       C=Compile, M=Move       
Archive in MKS Source  . . . . :   Y       Y=Yes, N=No             

Creation command . . . . . . . :   CPYF FROMFILE(#WRKSRCLIB/#WRKSRCFIL) TOFILE(

PGMLIB/#SRCFIL) FROMMBR(#OBJECT) TOMBR(#OBJECT) MBROPT(*REPLACE) CRTFILE(*YES)

Let me know if you would like to have a webex to experiment with this object code.

I have tried that and the command did not like the TXT Source Member type.

We tried to use blank and got an error that blank was not valid when you have a default source file.

We need to have a default source file Q???SRC and have a blank source member type.

DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member

Hi Scott,

I've tried a few things here and also ran into the edit that you must have a source type if you name a source file on the object code.  I created a source member with a blank source type and got a source type mismatch on the checkout panel, but was still able to check it out.  Unfortunately, i got stopped at promotion with a different error!

Let me know if you have some time to do a webex today or tomorrow - I have some other ideas but don't think i have the exact same type of source member you do.

Dawn

Top Tags