cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How can I set a constraint on a value of a computed field?

fantony
1-Newbie

How can I set a constraint on a value of a computed field?

I have set a field "Functional Value" with the following computation : aggregate(Satisfies,sum(Type="System Requirement" AND IsLive()?"System Functional Allocation":0))

I would set a constraint on a picklist field according to the value returned by the Functional Value field.

But unfortunatly, I have the following error message : "Unable to evaluate source relationship based on field "Functional Value" because its computation involves an external information function"

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Frederic,

Currently, Integrity does not allow for external information functions to be used in aggregate expressions. That's why you're getting that error, when you attempt to use that expression.

It was an enhancement request raised in the past, with customer interest, so it may be worth posting a product idea here on the community, for visibility by our product management folks.

Hello Frederic,

can you try the following: instead of validating against a computed field, take the computation and put this into the constraint directly (you may have to rethink how you then write the constraint). This should allow you to handle this requirement.

Unfortunately; i am not getting the business case just by reading your computation. What you are trying to achieve exactly?

Regards

Top Tags