cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How does the Java API command to run a custom query look like?

sziel
5-Regular Member

How does the Java API command to run a custom query look like?

Hi,

I am wondering how the Java API command for this CLI command would look like:

im issues --fields="ID,Summary" --sortField="Planned Release End Date" --queryDefinition=((field[Type]="Release")and(field[State]="Scheduled,In Progress")and(field[Project]="/some_project"))

I am stuck with the fields and the query definition option Man Frustrated

What I have so far:

Command command = new Command();
command.setApp(Command.IM);
command.setCommandName("issues");
command.addOption(new Option("sortField","Planned Release End Date"));

Or is there any way to run the CLI command via the Java API directly without having im.exe and IntegrityClient.exe called?

Regards,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uminet
12-Amethyst
(To:sziel)

Hello,

I'm running a --querydefinition in Java like that, e.g.:

List<Option> cmdOptions = new ArrayList<Option>();

cmdOptions.add(new Option("querydefinition", "((field[Project] = \"" + projectName

+ "\") and (field[Type] = RQ1_Input,RQ2_Requirement,RQ3_Design) and (item.content) and (not (field[KBRQ_Qualification Method] is unspecified)))"));

cmdOptions.add(new Option("fields", "ID,KBRQ_Qualification Method"));

Hint if you want to figure out the querydefintion: add a custom action to cmd.exe to your Client, define the quick query the way you want, open CMD via custom action and have a look at MKSSI_query environment variable. Hope that helps to get your java running.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
uminet
12-Amethyst

Hello,

I'm running a --querydefinition in Java like that, e.g.:

List<Option> cmdOptions = new ArrayList<Option>();

cmdOptions.add(new Option("querydefinition", "((field[Project] = \"" + projectName

+ "\") and (field[Type] = RQ1_Input,RQ2_Requirement,RQ3_Design) and (item.content) and (not (field[KBRQ_Qualification Method] is unspecified)))"));

cmdOptions.add(new Option("fields", "ID,KBRQ_Qualification Method"));

Hint if you want to figure out the querydefintion: add a custom action to cmd.exe to your Client, define the quick query the way you want, open CMD via custom action and have a look at MKSSI_query environment variable. Hope that helps to get your java running.

awalsh
17-Peridot

ETA: or what uminet said. I should have refreshed before posting 😉

You would add the fields and queryDefinition options the same way as the sortField:

cmd.addOption(new Option("queryDefinition", "((field[Type]=Release)and(field[State]=Scheduled,In Progress)and(field[Project]=/some_project))"));
cmd.addOption(new Option("fields", "ID,Summary"));

sziel
5-Regular Member
(To:awalsh)

Thanks for the reply.

In fact there was a typo in my command Robot LOL

Your example helped to figure it out.

Top Tags