cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to add Users to a Group

wrainer
1-Newbie

How to add Users to a Group

Hello,

it's quite a simple Task but nowhere in Support nor in the Administration Guides i found a hint how to do this.

I've created Groups inside Integrity. Now i want to add Users to this Groups.

(The Login is with the NT User and Password)

How could i do this? Or is this just possible to use created Groups in Active Directory in this Case?

Thanks for help

3 REPLIES 3
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:wrainer)

If you are using the MKS Domain groups, then you can add members by editing the group in the Admin Client.  There should be a Group Members tab, and you can add the members here:

Capture.PNG

More information on the MKS Domain groups can be found in the Administration Guide: Integrity Server Installation and Configuration > Server Security > MKS Domain Security Realm > Managing MKS Domain Groups. (note: I'm looking at the 10.9 guide)

You can use the Active Directory groups, in which case, the group membership is handled outside of Integrity.  The domain for groups is set in the installdir/config/properties/security.properties file on the Integrity Server, mks.groupsDomain property.

cdoyle
7-Bedrock

As Ann states, if you use the MKS Domain as the source for your group definitions, then it is a straightforward matter to change their membership.  I am guessing that you have created groups directly within the Integrity Workflows and Documents Groups node.  Those objects are just proxies for the actual group definitions that come from the underlying Security Realm that the Integrity Server is configured to use.  The configuration is contained within the security.properties file on your Integrity server file system.

If the mks.groupsDomain property is set within the security.properties file, that defines what Security Realm is being used to enumerate the group definitions from.  If that property is commented out or left blank, then the Security Realm that is part of the Security Scheme referenced by the mks.security.policy.scheme.default property within the security.properties file.  The bottom line is you need to change the group membership in the Security Realm that is being used to enumerate the group definitions, not within the Workflows and Documents Groups definitions.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Wartha Rainer‌,

Were either Ann Walsh‌ or Colin Doyle‌ able to help solve your issue?  If so, please click on the Correct Answer button at the end of the most useful post, to let us and future searchers know what worked best for you.  If not, please let us know where you are still experiencing difficulty, so that we can help you get to a successful state.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags