cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to auto sync the PTC Integrity document with the DOORs module in bidirectional way ?

Chittaranjan_11
14-Alexandrite

How to auto sync the PTC Integrity document with the DOORs module in bidirectional way ?

I am looking for the auto synchronization tool or option where the doors module can be sync with the integrity document and reverse way also.  Is there any utility available ? 

Currently I am doing manually with PTC IRC tool, Exporting doc from Integrity as ReqIF file and importing ReqIF file to DOORs again via IRC tool. Would it be possible to do automation here ?

5 REPLIES 5
kjain2
14-Alexandrite
(To:Chittaranjan_11)

Hi @Chittaranjan_11 ,

It totally depends on what kind of automation you want and till what extent automated solution should do. IRC provides support to both tools using ReqIF file, there are some APIs available in IRC side too so you can take a look over documentation and can better plan what can help you.

Unfortunately i don't have ready to use solution as of now for you, I do have one similar use case already but will start my implementation in next 2 months.

Vielen Dank / Many Thanks,

Kapil Jain

Chittaranjan_11
14-Alexandrite
(To:kjain2)

Hello Kapil,

Basically I am looking for data exchange between DOORs module to PTC Integrity document in bidirectional way. Currently we are handling with the help of PTC IRC tool via ReqIF, this activity performed by manually. Automation could be helpful !!

Thanks for the update, kindly let me know if there is any further updates available.

Has anyone had any luck in making this automation process?

MH_9405758
6-Contributor
(To:MH_9405758)

Does anyone have a solution automating the process?

Hi @Chittaranjan_11,

Integrating PTC Document with DOORS module automatically is a challenging task, as both tools are very different. A sync solution for DOORS and PTCs should not just be able to handle not only basic information like a title, description, etc. but also take care of more specific requirements. These include:

• Integration of OLE objects: DOORs use OLE objects whereas PTC has attachments. The integration solution should be able to integrate OLE objects into PTC as attachments so that complete visibility is maintained.
  • Retention of formatted text: While integrating Document entities, it is of utmost importance to preserve formatting, as that often gives more context. Good integration solutions ensure that formatting is preserved both ways while integrating data.
  • Automatic conflict resolution for bi-directional sync: For bi-directional integration, the frequency of users making simultaneous changes increases. It is essential that conflicts are resolved automatically too, without data loss (primary/secondary resolution is lossy)

OpsHub, a PTC partner, provides true bidirectional synchronization with reliable and predictable synchronization outcomes. It offers a federated integration platform that can help ease your integration journey.   

Please contact OpsHub’s integration experts to know more about PTC Document and DOORS Module integration.

Thanks

Nimish

Top Tags