cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to compute the count of Requirements having no Assigned User Set in a RQ Doc?

Chittaranjan_11
14-Alexandrite

How to compute the count of Requirements having no Assigned User Set in a RQ Doc?

I tried to execute the computation in report computation,

Example,

Lets RQ  Document = having 21 Functional Requirements

2 Functional Requirements assigned to „Responsible User“=userA (i.e. assigned to me)

1 Functional Requirements set „Responsible User“=userB

So, here i would like to find the count of such Functional Requirements having no „Responsible User“ set. Ans should be 18.

Usecase 1 : Find the count of Requirements which is assigned to me (i.e. Responsible User assigned to me)

aggregate("Contains", ByDocument(false, false), sum((Category="Functional Requirements" and "Responsible User"=me)?1:0))

This computation is executing correctly, count=2.

Usecase 2 : Find the count of Specifications which is not assigned to me (i.e. Responsible User not assigned to me)

aggregate("Contains", ByDocument(false, false), sum((Category="Functional Requirements" and "Responsible User"!=me)?1:0))

This computation is executing with count=1. but The answer suppose to be 19 [(userB) + 18 which was unassigned]. Its skipping the count of 18.

Usecase 3 : Whether is it possible to find the the Responsible User which are not assigned ?

aggregate("Contains", ByDocument(false, false), sum((Category="Functional Requirements" and "Responsible User"!=)?1:0))

Not working!!

Kindly let me know what should we consider "Responsible User"!= here for getting the count of Responsible users which is not assigned.

2 REPLIES 2
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:Chittaranjan_11)

The problem is that there is no way to test for "Null", "unassigned", "empty", etc. in computations.

I've hit this problem many times in the past. I may be wrong but I haven't found a way. I've even tried things like "Responsible User" == emptyUser() ? ... but that doesn't work either.

This said, your post prompted me to try again and I think I found a solution!

The function SelectionCount is meant to count the number of items in a multi-field, but it works with a single value field too. It returns 0 for unassigned, so we can test for that. I tried with "Assigned User" on my system and was able to get this:

Count of assigned users in document: aggregate( "Contains", ByDocument(true,true), sum(  SelectionCount("Assigned User") ) )

Count of unassigned users: aggregate( "Contains", ByDocument(true,true), sum(  SelectionCount("Assigned User")==0 ? 1 : 0 ) )

The trick is to flip 0 to 1 when checking for unassigned which I did with the test. I think that combining that with your other conditions will get you there. Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks You for the reply, the count is working as expected.

Top Tags