cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to display the Summary of related Integrity items in a Query

chariuc
6-Contributor

How to display the Summary of related Integrity items in a Query

Hello,

I have a query that returns only the ID of a related item, but I need also the Summary .

The related field is of "relationship" type.

I searched PTC knowledge base and find no solution:-(

Any hints on this?

Thank you

Cristina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:chariuc)

Related Items are allways and only identified by their ID.

You have now 2 Options:

1. Change the view Options of your Client's items view to allow "Wrapping" table content. This allows you to see Details isn the same view (not available in oder Integrity Versions). If you still only see the related items ID, there might be a "problem" in your Integrity setup, as relationships can be either shown as Table-View or CSV (which would be ID only). Only your MKS Admin can change that.

2. use a report.

Report allow you to collect and display far more information that the (1 dimensional) query. There should be prepares report recipies available in your installation that make it easy to create and configure just the report you want.

HTH

Matthias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Cristina,

please specify your use case:

Do want to run a query

- in the GUI

- via CLI

- inside Report

- using the JAVA or C API

A bit more context would be very helpful.

chariuc
6-Contributor
(To:mrump)

Hello Matthias,

I have a query in GUI, searching for all CRs and I want to see with which planned release they are associated.

So, each line looks like: CR_ID, CR_Type,CR_Summary, Planned_SW_Release

But the Planned_SW_Release only shows me the ID of that SW Release, not the Summary. The ID is just a number :-).

Is there a way to put there the Summary?

I also need to mention that the Planned SW Release field is of relationship type.

Thanks,

Cristina

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Related Items are allways and only identified by their ID.

You have now 2 Options:

1. Change the view Options of your Client's items view to allow "Wrapping" table content. This allows you to see Details isn the same view (not available in oder Integrity Versions). If you still only see the related items ID, there might be a "problem" in your Integrity setup, as relationships can be either shown as Table-View or CSV (which would be ID only). Only your MKS Admin can change that.

2. use a report.

Report allow you to collect and display far more information that the (1 dimensional) query. There should be prepares report recipies available in your installation that make it easy to create and configure just the report you want.

HTH

Matthias

chariuc
6-Contributor
(To:mrump)

Hello Matthias,

The "Wrapping" solution is what I need. I do not know why I did not think of it .

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

Cristina

Top Tags